Friday, July 6, 2018

Thankful for God's Word Today!






One spring, I and a few friends from church attended a conference in Springfield, Missouri. The emcee of the conference shared a joke in which a friend called him early one morning. He responded with something to the effect of, “Brother, I can’t talk with you right now; I’m in the book!” This was the emcee’s coded expression of saying, “I’m still asleep.” LOL. 

Don’t we all want to sound spiritual, or at least want to give the impression to our friends, that we have faithfully read God’s Word? I must confess that despite owning several Bible versions and having a couple of Bible apps on my smartphone, there are times when I have been so busy that I have not read God’s Word. 

Last week was different for me in my Bible reading. By God’s grace, I had a “perfect week.”  I hope to continue with this practice, because it is so important for me to connect with the Lord and hear His voice through reading His Word. The practice of Bible reading allows me to receive guidance from the Lord for each passing day, week or season. Reading God’s Word also equips me for preaching and/or personal witnessing.

The psalmist knew the power of God’s Word. He testified about it: “Your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105, NKJV). Let us thank God for His Word today.

No comments:

Post a Comment